The ICHI Bridge enables passage of ICHI tokens from one network to another. Currently the Bridge only supports ICHI tokens contained within your connected wallet.
Using the ICHI Bridge accomplishes the following:
- Token Transfer: of ICHI tokens from one network to another. For example, when ICHI rewards are paid on Polygon, they can be moved to Ethereum to stake or swap for other tokens on Ethereum.
- ICHI Token Upgrade: The Bridge converts any amount of legacy ICHI tokens to the latest version of ICHI governance tokens.
In general, the following steps assume your wallet is connected to the ICHI app. The source network for bridging is assumed to be the current selected network (i.e. Ethereum or Polygon). Please ensure the appropriate network is selected on your wallet to match the selected network in the ICHI app.
Follow these steps to bridge ICHI tokens from Ethereum to Polygon.
- 2.Ensure the “From” network is automatically set to the network you wish to send ICHI tokens from (the source network). This is automatically set from the current network selected within the ICHI app. Make sure this is set to Ethereum.
- 3.Enter the amount of ICHI tokens to send across the bridge in the “Send” text field. The maximum amount of tokens to bridge from your wallet is displayed for reference.
- 4.Select a “To” network for the bridge to receive the ICHI tokens. Ensure this is set to Polygon.
- 5.Enter the amount of ICHI tokens to receive from the bridge in the “Receive” text field. An example of this is shown below in Figure 1.
- 6.The ICHI Bridge considers the amount of legacy ICHI tokens versus upgraded tokens automatically. Legacy ICHI tokens are automatically upgraded If the amount of ICHI tokens selected to send across the bridge exceeds the amount of upgraded tokens in your wallet. For example, if your wallet contains 5 legacy ICHI tokens and 3 upgraded ICHI tokens, and you have selected to send 7 tokens across the bridge to another network, the bridge will upgrade 5 legacy ICHI tokens.
- 7.When there are no ICHI tokens to upgrade, the green action button dynamically updates for each step taken. This is shown below in Figure 2.
- 8.When there are ICHI tokens to upgrade, the green action button dynamically updates for each step taken. This is shown below in Figure 3.
- 9.The bottom half of the bridge display provides a detailed description of the process along with an estimation of the gas fees per step. An example of this is shown below in Figure 4.
- 10.When you are ready to start the bridging process, click the green button to start the process described within the bridge display. After clicking the green button your wallet will be displayed to approve or perform the respective transaction. Advanced the bridge process forward using the following steps, which require pressing the green button and confirmation in your wallet for each step:
- Approve Upgrade: allows the bridge to access your ICHI legacy tokens to upgrade them.
- Complete Upgrade: performs the conversion from legacy ICHI to the new upgraded ICHI token.
- Approve Transfer: allows the bridge to access your upgraded ICHI tokens to send across the bridge.
- Complete Transfer: performs the transfer.